(800) 769-8421 

You Can Overcome Drug Addiction

Drug addiction is an often confusing condition where people willfully consume drugs and over a period of time become addicted. What was once a willful decision slowly becomes a want, a need or a full out obsession. Some people find that they have extreme, uncontrollable cravings that eventually wind up controlling their lives.

Science has been able to verify that addiction is indeed a disease which affects multiple areas of the brain. Learning and memory are obviously some of the most common areas of the brain that are affected, but reward and motivation is also affected as well. These two areas are what causes addiction to become such a problem in the first place.

The Facts
According to a recent survey, over 23 million people are currently suffering from drug or alcohol addiction. Of those over23 million people, roughly 10% find the treatment they need. That leaves the other 90% or 20 million people untreated. These frightening results have been very similar every year these surveys are conducted. It is plainly obvious that the real problem here is people not getting the help they need to combat their addictions.

Treatment Is Not Simple
Treatment for any type of drug addiction is never a simple process. There are so many different variables that fall into place. Every person is different and every type of drug has a different effect on each individual. This can make finding the right treatment difficult and this is often why people don’t stop using.

There Is Hope
Finding the right treatment can be difficult, but there is always hope. There are plenty of other people out there who have already undergone treatment and won. These people often dedicate a portion of their lives to helping others find their way through addiction. Don’t think for a minute that there is no hope. There is always hope and there are always people who are eager to help.

Counseling can be found in either a group or individual environment. These types of groups or meetings are often the first step towards getting the help you need. Group counseling will teach you that you are not alone and that there are plenty of people who have been in your exact situation or even worse.

The main thing is seeking out the help that you need. This is the first and often most complicated process in drug addiction.

FOLLOW US

CONTACT US





  • captcha

FIND A LOCATION


P.O. Box 667
La Verne, CA 91750

TEL: (800) 769-8421
info@homesofpromise.org

Friday Night Light - Celebrate Recovery Study and Open Share


ABOUT US

HOMES OF PROMISE believes in an individualized approach in helping plot our guests’ road to recovery. We help define the key interests, hobbies and goals our guests have and develop a schedule that adheres to these positive tasks while holding them accountable to their own growth. We also help to promote interest and acclimation to the abundant 12 Step meetings and community. We encourage our guests to see that sobriety can be fun by attending house and sober events. Homes Of Promise is a 501(c)3 not for profit corporation.